Due cases of infection of a number of babies in France with the symptoms of Salmonella, and it became clear that these symptoms associated with the use of these babies of one of the French brands which is special formula of rice protein.
And because these products have been manufactured in the same production line, which manufactures one of our products, the Blemil HR products (Rice Protein formula), which is intended for special medical purpose for the babies with cow milk allergies. The company has decided to withdraw these batches from the markets voluntarily and as a precautionary and preventive measure to express the company's keenness to ensure the highest quality standards for all its products and its safety.
Batches to be withdrawn from the market:
- Blemil plus 1 HR - 400g - Batch No. Production of 10/2018
- Blemil plus 2 HR - 400g - Batch No. Production of 10/2018
- Blemil plus 2 HR - 400g - Batch No. Production of 11/2018
We note that these Batches are no longer available on the market and have been fully withdrawn
With the knowledge that :
- No infection of the products has been identified in all stages of the quality analysis carried out by the company and independent European laboratories to confirm all the quality controls in force
- No single infection was recorded to any baby at any country in which the Belmil Plus HR product is marketed
- All the analyzes conducted by the French and Spanish health authorities after doubting the probability of contamination was negative and no contamination was reported at all.
The following must be emphasized:
All shipments exported to Saudi Arabia, like those marketed in any country in the world, are subject to the highest quality standards to ensure the safety of products and the safety of infants and children
- Since these products are used to feed babies in their first months of life, we emphasize that these products are completely safe.
- The withdrawal procedure for 3 batches of the Blemil Plus HR products was a voluntary and precautionary measure and this did not mean that the product was contaminated, but to reassure the consumers and to be in no doubt
- All other Blemil Plus products are completely safe and have been inspected by the company and its laboratories, independent European laboratories in addition to the local control carried out by the Saudi Food and Drug Administration when any shipments of products to the Kingdom